A NASA trip is a perfect combination of entertainment and education, thus making it a perfect educational tour. Students go on NASA trips to learn about Space travel and create memories of fun, learning, and amusement like no other. Here are some quick tips to make the most of your NASA tour.
Here is a list of Tips About NASA Trips:
- Arrive Early: Being early to the Kennedy Space Centre on your NASA trip is an added advantage. It not only gives you ample photo opportunity before the entry gates open, once they do, you have enough space to explore the place without much crowd. There is a good chance to take pictures with an astronaut without any lines.
- Plan in Advance: Prepare an itinerary visiting the important destinations around Orlando and Florida. Enjoy some of the most famous theme parks of the world like the Disney World, Universal Studios, and the Sea World. You can plan to spend a day on the Cocoa beach. Near the KSC, you can cruise out of Port Canaveral. Plan to spend at least 6 to 8 hours at the KSC if you are planning a one day visit during you NASA tour.
- Dress for an Amusement Park: A NASA tour is an educational tour that is refreshingly like visiting any theme park. Remember to wear comfortable walking shoes and dress comfortably according to the weather. Although you walk from exhibit to exhibit like an outdoor park, you can always choose to spend more time indoors on the Atlantis Exhibit or the Saturn V exhibit in case the weather is rainy or very hot.
- Lunch with an Astronaut: Kids/ youngsters interact with astronauts over lunch and experience them as real people. This can be truly motivating for the younger generation. The food is delicious and it is a great option to upgrade your ticket to make the most of your educational tour.
- IMAX Movies: The twin five stories tall IMAX screens give you the 3D IMAX cinematography experience. Do watch at least one of the two movies, ‘Journey to Space’, and the ‘Hubble Space Telescope’ and sit back, relax and learn about Space travel.
- Carry you basic travel kit and travel medicines: Though most of the place is free from bugs of any kind, it is a great idea to carry bug spray, basic travel first aid, and anti-allergic to avoid any chance of running your day or your NASA trip.
- Experience a Space Shuttle Launch: A simulated space shuttle launch experience is a must part of your educational tour. The experience of the space shuttle’s ascent into orbit as you experience weightlessness is an experience without which your NASA tour is incomplete.
- Witness the Space Shuttle Atlantis: The Atlantis exhibit has many hands-on and interactive exhibits to explore. It also has a guided walk- through video tour that tells you the history of Atlantis and its glorious space missions. You will need about two hours to explore this entire exhibit.
- The KSC bus tour: It is a good idea to start with the Atlantis exhibit followed by the bus tour. It will help you avoid long queues. Do opt for The Up-Close Explore Tour which will be available at an extra cost and will provide you with a guided tour of the launch pad and vehicle assembly center.
- Last but not the least: don’t miss out on the Saturn V exhibit. The mission which led to humans ‘walking on the moon’ can be experienced in all its glory here. Touch a real moon rock and give new meaning to experiencing education on this educational tour.